Tuesday, September 17, 2013


Hey there family,
 I can't believe Jet is gone! I'm really sad I didn't say goodbye to him! Nancie's cat got ran over as well this week. Seeing any animal in pain is not a fun thing. I liked how Dad compared the situation to when our Heavenly Father sees us in pain. He is sad when we are hurting, and especially when we are hurting because of a decision we made (like being disobedient). I know our Heavenly Father really loves us and that's why he has given us so much! He wants us to be happy and to be able to "run around". And he tells us what we must do to be happy! " And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." - Mosiah 2: 41. It's so comforting to know where we can find NEVER-ENDING HAPPINESS!! We just have to be faithful and keep the commandments! It sounds so easy and it is! But it does take constant action, we can't give up!
Well at least this week will be happy with Conner and Kimball's Birthdays!!!! Happy Birthday to both of you!!!!!! I love you both so much and am sad I'm missing this day with you but I know that you will have an AWESOME day!! Conner, I can't believe you are 16!!!!! That is so crazy, remember to drive safely :) And I need to approve all girls that you date :) Haha Kimball, you are getting so old as well! Don't grow up too fast! I want you to still be my little brother when I get home :) Let me know how both of your days go!
So this week we can definetly see fall! The leaves are starting to change colors, and their have been some pretty great rain storms here as well! It's getting a little bit chilly, and I'm wishing I would have been a little more prepared :) I guess that is what happens sometimes in life. We don't prepare as well as we need to and then we later regret it and wish we could go back. It reminds of the 10 virgins. The 5 that were not prepared with their oil, had to hurry and go get some, and they missed the bridegroom. In the gospel, with our testimonies, we need to be preparing them now! We can't procrastinate because when the time comes we want to be ready, with a strong and firm testimony of the gospel!! We have to prepare everyday by the things that you are doing now. Like studying scriptures, praying, attending our church meeting, serving, and Loving everyone. We add oil to our lamps everytime we try to be more like Christ!
So our ward mission leader had set a date to have found someone who accepted the missionary discussions for August 30th. And he really did! So on Saturday night we went over to their house to teach them. It was a pretty interesting night. The man is one of his coworkers and then his wife was coming as well. They were 3 hours late though. So we were crunched on time. The lesson didn't go as smoothly as we would have hoped. Anytime someone testified of the truth, the spirit was SO strong!!! However I did notice that our ward mission leader was so excited to tell him EVERYTHING, that things were a little scattered and all over the place. I've come to realize that when we share the gospel, we don't and can't share everything all at once. It's like this example of cake when we share the gospel. If I had a giant cake that was frosted all beautifully, I wouldn't need to explain the molecular structure of the cake for you to enjoy it, right? Sometimes when we share the gospel, we need to just give the very basics or the things that are going to matter most to them. We just need to make sure we are displaying it well and making the "cake" look good (by living what believe and being good examples) and then letting them taste it for themselves (by reading The Book of Mormon and by coming to church.) All of those little details, we have been learning our whole lives! And we can't expect to teach them in so little time! So now go give people some cake :)
This week we had a neat experience! We had stopped by a few houses but no one was home, so we decided to stop by at some members homes. On our way over we felt like we should stop and tract this specific street. So we knocked on a few doors but no one was interested. As we started walking back to our car, we saw this young man walking towards us. We stopped and talked to him and shared our message with him. His mom had just passed away in May and we told him of the comfort that he can find in our gospel and throughout the Book of Mormon. At first, it seemed like everything was going wrong but Heavenly Father led us to this specific street to meet this boy. When we are doing the things we know we should be doing, and putting our faith and trust in the Lord, he will lead us to where we need to be! And often times we get discouraged because it is not what we THINK should be happening, but what our Heavenly Father KNOWS should be happening. I just love experiences like these, they are really humbling. I guess I really don't know everything :)
I love you lots!! Hope school and work is going well! Glad to know football season going pretty good! I pray for you all everyday! That's a whole 2 months of prayers :) 
Love you, Sister Tracy
P.S. Conner and Kimball I sent a package last Wednesday so you should be gettting it soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment