Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5, 2013


Family!!!

Wow! Sounds like you all had a super fun week!! The River Run sounds like it was fun and so does the Tracy Reunion! I'm not going to lie it made me a little jealous :) But then I remember that what I am doing is soooo much more fun :)  I loved the story that uncle Jim shared about Jordan being healed. It was remarkable!!! It's so cool how powerful FAITH is! I have had to really exercise my faith a lot this past week, because the work is not easy stuff. And there is absolutely no way I could do this alone. I have learned that the Lord is standing there waiting for me to take his hand just like Peter in Matthew 14. It is just up to me to have faith in him and rely on him completely!!
My companion is from Alpine, Utah. She has been out 10 months. She just got to our area last transfer and white washed the area. So we are still familiarizing ourselves with the area. She is really nice. I like her but I feel bad she is really sick a lot. She is allergic to wheat, corn, and dairy. So we eat A TON of Veggies and fruit. For dinner last night I ate squash and potatoes, for lunch I had banana and carrots, for breakfast I actually do eat cereal but with almond milk, etc. So yeah I'm eating a lot of healthy foods. So I really enjoy the few reeses and granola bars I have from the package you sent me in the MTC.
So I have exercise for a half hour and then we do study and training until 11. We have lunch for an hour and then we get to work. There are a lot of less actives, so Sis. Williams really wants to strengthen the less actives before we try to bring more into the ward. Our ward has 8 missionaries, Sis Williams and I , and then 2 trio companionships. So the coolest thing this week was probably getting an investigator to set a date for baptism. She is a really neat lady! She is growing so quickly!!! Her family is all Pentecostal, and her sister is not super supportive, so we keep praying that her heart will be softened and Nancie will be more confident in getting baptized in a few weeks :)
President and Sister Gerber are Amazing!!! They are always there for us and have drove out to apartments just to check up and talk with us!! I really feel so much love from them and they give great advice that I need to hear.
So yesterday Sister Williams and I taught Gospel Principles. We talked about Spiritual Gifts. It is soooo important that we know our spiritual gifts so we are able to use them. Heavenly Father has given us each a gift so we can bless our lives as well as others. I have felt sometimes inadequate in my teaching and being a missionary but as I pray to know what my spiritual gifts are I know Heavenly Father is showing me my strengths, so I can use those to become a better missionary! I am learning soooo much here!! Remember to always go to the Lord and he can help you through everything! It becomes a lot easier when we take the Lord's hand!
Well I'm out of time, but I love you all soo much! I pray for you and am always thinking of you! I'll talk to you next week!
Love, Sister Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment