Sunday, October 6, 2013


Dear Family,
This week was a good one!! We went to visit a less-active and talked to his wife, who is not a member of the church. She actually seems really interested and doesn't know very much. She told us she will start to read the Book of Mormon and we set up a time to come see her this week! She's from Mexico and gave us lots of different Mexican candies. The flavors they put together are so strange, spicy and sweet and salty all in one candy.... Kinda strange. (Mitchell did you like Brazilian candy? Was it similar to what mexican candy is like?)
So Thursday was a great day! It was Sis. Williams one year mark, so that was fun! We were able to talk about baptism with one of our younger investigators and she told us she wants to be Baptized!! The feeling of having an investigator say they want to be baptized is probably the best feeling anyone could ever feel! (I'm guessing it is even greater when they actually get baptized though) :) 
Anyways our recent convert Sis. Lamers, who I love with all my heart, drove us to our I'm a Mormon Devotional. She is one of my favorite people ever! She could probably go at least 2 hours of talking without taking a breath :) She Loves to treat us! She always sends us home with apples and caramel, or jello, or this time licorice. And she always stressed about us staying safe and giving her calls if we need help. And she loves telling her conversion story. Her mother's financial advisor invited her to a Christmas program, One Night in Bethlehem. She came and in her words "that spirit hit me so hard I bout fell over) She got baptized in July anyways she tells everyone her story and even tells us every time we see her :) She is just the Best! So she drove us to Livonia and also took us to dinner. So we were a few minutes late and the only spot left to sit was in the front, so we get up there and guess who is sitting write in front of me.... Sister Graham!!!!!! It was so hard to concentrate!!!! After we just kept hugging and it was a pretty great reunion! I love her so much! She is doing just awesome!!
This week I finally had my first prayer circle out tracting.. All the missionaries say they have prayer circles all the time, so I was pretty excited to have my first! And we were able to go to a member's home to watch the General Relief Society Broadcast! It was very good!! It made me think about the covenants I have made and how I am keeping those and what I can do to improve! Covenants really are so important and as long as we keep our end, the blessings we are promised are so Great!!!
Yesterday at church we taught on the Word of Wisdom and Nancie was bragging that she hadn't had coffee since we first taught her the WOW. Then 3rd hour was all about missionary work. Our ward mission leader shared his experience of setting a date to have found someone to meet with the missionaries, and how he wanted to be that inspiration for the ward. He shared the success that he had with his coworker and the spirit was really strong. Sis. Williams and I talked about concerns that the members have with inviting people to learn about the gospel. One sister raised her hand and said her concern. She said how she loves the gospel so much and it is so much a part of her, that sharing the gospel with someone and having them reject, would be like them rejecting her. I think that is a concern a lot of members may have. They are afraid of rejection, but we can NOT be afraid. We have to think about how much we love it and how we want to share it with EVERYONE we love. I've never realized how sharing the gospel is a commandment. In D&C 60: 2 "But with some I am not well please, for they will not open their mouths," If anything I'm learning how I need to be a missionary for the rest of my life. I don't want Heavenly Father to not be pleased in me. Anyways I really just love Missionary work and am really passionate about it :) So I hope you are all doing what you should be doing, and making missionary work part of your everyday lives! If you have any neat experiences let me know :)
Oh and I only have one more chapter left of Exodus!!! Slowly but surely I will read the whole old testament, I slacked off before my mission, but no more :)
Well I have to go but I love you lots!! One last thing is when Christ comes to the Americas in 3 Nephi Chapter 17, he tells the people this "Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again." Christ tells the people they need to prepare to hear the words that are going to be said! I know that this is the same thing we have to do with ourselves for General Conference! Make sure you are preparing to hear the words of our prophet and leaders! If we don't prepare ourselves, we will not understand what Heavenly Father wants us to know! Now get excited cause it's one of the best times of the year!!!
I Love you lots, Hope you are all doing well!!!! Love, Sister Tracy
P.S. I'll send Pictures next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment