Monday, October 21, 2013

October 7, 2013


Family!!!
WOW!! Conner is going on a date!! That is so crazy to me! Conner make sure she's a good one and that she knows her own individual worth :) And take lots of pictures for me :) 

Didn't you just Love General Conference!!! I love our prophets and church leaders! They are truly amazing men and women and are truly inspired in the things they say! It was neat, all of the questions I wanted answered for myself and for people in my area WERE answered! I think it is important to always remember these talks that were given to us! I was reading a talk by Pres. Uchtdorf and this is the story he shared. 
"A fine member of the Church was talking with a neighbor who was not of our faith. When the topic of discussion turned to general conference, the neighbor asked, “You say you have prophets and apostles? And twice a year in a worldwide conference they reveal the word of God?”
“Absolutely,” the member replied with confidence.
The neighbor thought about that for a moment. He seemed genuinely interested and then asked, “What did they say in the last general conference?”
At this point the good member of the Church went from feeling excited about sharing the gospel to feeling embarrassed. Try as he might, he couldn’t think of the details of a single talk.
His friend found this troubling and said, “You mean to tell me that God speaks to man in our day and you can’t remember what He said?” 
I thought this was a great story to remind us of how important the general conference talks are! The words that are said are truly the word of God and just like Elder Hales shared in his talk on Sat. Morning. most of the things we learn from conference are after the conference is finished. I'm excited to study the talks even deeper!!! (So maybe you could order another Ensign next month and send it to me!) I would love to have these talks, we can only print so much paper and are limited on our computer time.  Conference was definitely the highlight of our week, but I did have some other great things happen this week! 
This week we had a less active find out she didn't have cancer, so YAY for her!! We were able to have our 2 most solid investigators both watch General Conference, so Yay again!! We actually had a really great lesson with Nancie before conference about prophets. We watched "On the Lord's errand" Which is a great movie on Thomas S. Monson! The spirit was so strong in the room and she told us how she felt chills so strongly when he was praying! She told us she Knew she would recieve her answer of when she was to be baptized at General Conference. Then when we watched Conference with her on Sunday morning she was crying as President Monson stood up to the pulpit and spoke! I could see the excitement in her eyes as she realized that this man is a prophet of God and how much love he has for each and every one of us! IT WAS SO COOL! 
Tuesday we had exchanges and Sister Decker came to North Shores with me :) It was fun!! We had Lunch with Sister Preiss by the Lake! There are a lot of trees here and especially being so close to the lake makes the leaves just look so Beautiful!!! I Love it! I love Sis. Decker too! She's so crazy busy being Sister Training leader! We have 47 sisters, I think, and only 4 Sister Training Leaders. So she is pretty busy! Seeing all of the things she has to do, made me then think of the other leaders like our Zone Leaders, Assistants, President and Sister Gerber, and then Bishops and Stake Presidencies and even more the Apostles, and Prophet! They have such a huge responsibility and are probably SO overwhelmed with the things they have to do! Seeing these leaders accomplish their work is a testimony to me that the Lord is on their side! But we ALL have different responsibilities and life can seem like too much sometimes! No matter how much we have to do and how overwhelmed we are, it can and WILL be done when we Trust in the Lord!!! I have come to LOVE this scripture "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever," Alma 26:12.  We are completely weak and we need to recognize that everything we do is because of the strength of the Lord! I have learned how I think I can do it all but especially after conference, I've had to humble myself, become meek, and remember to put my trust completely in the Lord! What a great feeling to know we can do ANYTHING with the lord on our side! But that when we forget to exercise our faith, we can't progress (Alma 37:41, Look it up :)) Don't forget to exercise our faith and Trust in the Lord, because I know that when I have, miracles have ceased, and I stop progressing!  

I love you lots! Sorry for the rants, I just really love the Gospel and am learning so much as I study and pray EVERY SINGLE DAY!! I LOVE YOU!! 
Love, Sister Samantha Tracy :)
P.S. Grandpa, Happy BIrthday!!! I LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment