Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Cinco de Mayo (May 5, 2014)

Hey, Hey, Hey!!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! I love holidays!! :)

This week I got to see one of my favorite guys get baptized! His name is C..... and the elders have been teaching him, but he likes me more :) haha, just kidding! I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost, and it was a pretty sweet baptism. But it was crazy how hard Satan was working to not let this baptism happen. I've seen how every time someone is so close to making this important covenant with God, EVERYTHING goes wrong! We weren't sure he was still going to be baptized until the morning of! It was stressful for the whole ward! But it happened and the spirit was so strong!! God is way more powerful than Satan! Faith is a powerful thing!

We've been doing a lot of tracting, going door to door. Our investigators are SO busy, and they are hard to teach. So we've been trying to find new investigators! We get to meet SOO many people! Not too many were interested this last week, but this week we're going to Find Lots of New people!! :)

Something I've studied a lot this week is love! And not just any love, but loving God! In preparation for Elder Holland coming, we study a talk by him every week. This week was 'The First Great Commandment!' I LOVE this talk!! We truly do show our love by becoming devoted disciples! We are not here to impress anyone else, only God! In the last General Conference Elder Hales talked about loving God. He talked about when we sin, it's because we love Satan more than God. If Christ was to ask us right now, just like he asked Peter, "Do you Love me?", Would we be able to say "Yes Lord, I Love thee" and would he know it was true by the way we followed him?! I do love my God and my Savior!! I know they are real and I know that they love me! I know as I strive to serve God and others, and put my Savior as my Rock, they will know I love them! Ask yourself this week, "Does God know I love Him?" As we ask ourselves this everyday, we will be stay on the right path to eternal life! :)

I LOVE YOU!! :)
Have a great week, and I'll talk to you Sunday!
Love, Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment