Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Joys of Missionary Work! (May 27, 2014)

Hey Family!!

First off, I'm glad everyone is doing alright! I'm so happy for Erin! Natalie did tell me she was getting married in July! That's so fun!!! :) Your week sounds busy and Super Duper Fun!! I'm glad everyone was ok on your trip. STAY ON THE PATH! Dad, what you said about staying on the strait and narrow is so important. We often think we'll be ok and that we know best, but we don't.... because God loves us, he wants to keep us safe and protected, and knows what is best for us! Haha and I love that Hope wore her BYU shirt all over the Utah campus, that's hilarious :)
So this week was Crazy Awesome!!! :) Monday we visited Detroit. It was fun! We didn't have too much time, but we did go to a place called the Heidelberg Project, It's pretty sweet, lots of art all over the street. We checked out the city and just toured it. It was fun! I took a few pictures, but then my camera died, so I'll just have to go back to get pictures :)
Tuesday was Transfers!! We had our transfer meeting in Lansing with the whole mission, which was pretty cool. My companion is Sister Stuart! She's super Awesome! She's from a small town near Logan, Utah. She's my age, and has been out 6 months. She just left her first area and she is on Fire! She's a powerhouse! I've never worked as hard as I have with her. I'm learning so much from her and seeing may miracles! She's teaching me the ways to be a sister training leader. I'm not going to lie, it's been a little stressful, but I know the Lord is helping me! Now there are not just non-members and members watching how I act, but all of the missionaries as well. I'm praying every day that I can be a good example and serve them at the best of my abilities.
So, I am learning that I am not the best at planning out our miles. Another month gone by and we are low on miles again! So we've been walking EVERYWHERE! Now I'm not just getting into shape, but I'm getting tan too :) haha I would say maybe one day I'll learn, but I'm not so sure about that. But, on the plus side we've taught SOOO many people! We taught almost 30 lessons to non-members this week, which is sweet for this area! We found some new investigators and the are is picking up!
Elder Holland was Awesome!!! The spirit was so strong in the room! First thing we all got to shake his hand! :) I was so stoked! I know with all my heart this is a true apostle of Jesus Christ! He is a prophet of God! He did tell us that as he interviewed each one of us, that our mission is doing great, I was pretty comforted by that :) We were instructed by Elder Hallstrom and Dunnigan and it was great! The Elder Holland talked about Our Purpose as missionaries, he went through each word and what it means. Our Purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them recieve the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the end. He said that we can't invite others until we have internalized this purpose ourselves. He told us that we are promised only one convert in this life and that is ourselves! We have to become converted and that is our purpose. He got pretty into it as he talked about when we return home. He got so intense and asked us what kind of mission was that, if you are going to return home and go back to who you were. We are to progress in this life. We can't go forward and then just jump back. I'm grateful for the things I'm learning and realize this is preparing me for the rest of my life and for my own Salvation. I forgot my notes but just trust me... He's Awesome!
Well we are on exchanges in Grand Blanc so I've got to go, but I love you all! Have a fantastic week :)

Love, Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment