Monday, February 17, 2014

Adios North Shores


Dear Family,

So I am being transferred. I'm all packed and have been saying my goodbyes yesterday and today. I'm REALLY going to miss this area! I LOVE sooooo many people here! It's been SUPER hard to say goodbye but I'm excited to see what God has in store for me now! I'll let you know where I'm going!

This week was COLD!!! Monday and Tuesday we were not allowed to leave the apartment unless we had a solid, we must go to appointment. So we made a million calls, trying to find a solid, must go to appointment :) I only saw it get to -11* but with the wind chill, it was supposed to be -45*. That's pretty COLD!!!!! But it hasn't been too bad, I have lots of clothes, and scarves and I'm staying warm!!! But it's been a sort of difficult week, not too many lessons. This week is warmer so hopefully we'll be able to go out and teach!! :)

So Na... is the best missionary ever!! Her husband is slowly but surely progressing! He offers to say the prayer for every meal! He even offers prayers while they are out to eat! That is a big improvement from when I first met him and he told me the only thing he'll ever pray to is his Bud Light. Sister W... has set up her whole coffee table with all of her church books and pamphlets, with her scriptures wide open, so he will be able to just pick it up and read it as he walks by! :) She is Awesome! I think we could all learn a lot from her!

This week I had to repent! It was Sunday Morning and my mind was way somewhere else, since I had just found out I was getting transferred, when all of a sudden I see cop lights behind me.... Yep, I got pulled over by a cop for speeding.. See what happens when I get transferred! So the cop comes over and says "Where were you headed to so fast?" and I just put my face in my hands and say "church." Anyways he checks my license and registration, and comes back and hands it to me and he says "God will forgive you for being a little late to church, You know that!" It was a very good lesson for me to learn from a cop! God will forgive! He is very merciful! And I do know that! I felt so guilty that I was speeding on the way to church!!! I couldn't help but just be embarrassed! It's important that we stand for what we believe in! We hear a lot of people tell us they like us because we don't just talk the talk, but we walk the walk. We have been put on a higher standard of how we need to act! People are always watching! And we need to show them what we believe! 
Well I love you all! I'm never speeding again! And you should not either! Talk to you later!  
Love, Sister Tracy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment