Monday, February 17, 2014

Winter Wonderland!


Hey Everybody!!

Sounds like New Years Eve was pretty fun! Wish I could have been there for the magic show!!! I love the New Year! It's a great time to start new and fresh!! (3 Nephi 12:47) I hope you have all set goals and are praying to be motivated to accomplish them! I know the Lord will truly help us accomplish our goals when they are according to thy will and when we pray for his help!

So remember when I told you all that it wasn't that much colder..... well I lied..... IT is Really Cold!! This weekend especially it has been snowing nonstop! It's really pretty but not the most ideal to work in. Our mission has sent us several texts of warnings. Church was even cancelled for everyone yesterday!! Right now I think it is 6* but with the wind chill it feels like -11*, tomorrow the high is 0*. We are only allowed to be outside for 10-15 minutes before having to go inside and warm up. It makes it a little difficult to find new investigators, but maybe if people see us crying in the cold, they'll let us in to teach them!! :)

So even though the snow can be hard to work in, there are some benefits of the snow! When it's cold everybody just locks themselves inside and won't come out! But when it snows, they all go out to shovel their driveways and sidewalks! What perfect opportunity we then have to Serve!! Usually people just say "No thanks" and then ignore us. But this week instead of asking a lady if I could help her I said "Let me help you with that, where's your other shovel?" And I ran to the back of her trailer to get her other snow shovel. It provides great service and an opportunity for us to share our message :) We also get people's attention, because we are not dressed as the typical person would be in a snow storm. We've had several people stop and ask us why we are all dressed up and walking around, and it provides more opportunities to share! I met this really kind lady this week! She was commenting on our dress and then we started talking about why were out in the snow! Because our message is so important!! She was religious and told us the story of the time she came to know Jesus! She told us she was just driving and it just hit her. Then she was at work and someone came up to her and told her she was glowing. He asked if she had met someone (a man)... She told him she had, she said, "He has long brown hair, wears a white robe, and sandals". She then said "His name is Jesus". When we are trying our best to be like our Savior Jesus Christ, people will notice a difference in us, we will glow!! She then told me she has a deaf friend who might want to hear our message!!! How cool would it be if I could sign to him!!! We're going to try stopping by this week! :)

That's about it for this week! Sister Fisher has been sick with the flu! And we were told we had to stay inside... ALL DAY... I was able to study a lot, which was good! She seems to be feeling better so hopefully we can go out and work!!!!!

Also, I wanted to ask the kids, Do you know what rainbow looms are? They are really popular here! All of the kids make them and wear them as bracelets! Hope and Kimball might really like them?! Let me know if you've heard of them. 

Congratulations to Kraig and Jill!!! That is sooo exciting!!! Let me know when they are due and whether they are having a boy or a girl :)

Love you lots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment