Saturday, February 8, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Happy Thanksgiving!

Alrighty, so this week was Awesome, just like every week! :) I was able to go on exchanges this week with my Sister Training Leader. I went to Brighton, which is opposite from the side of the mission where I serve. It was fun! Their area is very different from mine. I have lots of less-actives we can visit, potential investigators, former investigators, investigators, members, and so on. They have hardly anyone they can visit. So from the moment we left the apartment to when we went back we just went tracting all day. I actually really like tracting, but only doing that with no appointments all day, every day, would be difficult. We met some nice people though and maybe they will want to learn more some day :) 
One of the houses we knocked on had this nice lady who started talking to us. My Sister Training Leader asked if she had heard of Joseph Smith and the lady immediately said, "Yes, and I've prayed about him and know he is not a prophet!" We were both a little shocked! I had never heard someone say that! For a little bit it bothered me that she says she received an answer that he is not true, but it just strengthened my testimony! I want you all to know that I have prayed about it and I KNOW that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God! I don't know if that lady really prayed and really received that answer, but I do know that everyone we have invited to pray to know if Joseph Smith is a prophet of God has received the same answer I have. Joseph Smith is real and he is a prophet of God! If you all don't know for yourselves, I promise you, if you pray to Heavenly Father, who knows ALL! You will receive a witness of this truth for yourself!
 On Saturday we were able to attend a baptism for a sister that Sister Fisher found and taught. It was really neat! The woman was SO excited! I was talking to her sister, who is not a member, and said "She looks So Happy!" and the sister said, "She is!" She told me how she had never seen her sister like this and I know it's because she has the gospel, the truth, and hope! What a great example she is to her sister and her family!! 
So something Sister Fisher and I were VERY excited about was a referral we received! On Mormon.org people can go on and request missionary visits. We get a lot of these requests and almost always these requests don't really come from the person themselves. They usually come from just some person that knew them once, and enters in their information. Well anyways we got a referral requesting missionary visits and when we called the lady, she was so excited we called!! She is very interested in our church and is so excited to learn more!! We'll see where it goes, but we were just SO excited that it was real! Haha the joy we can get as missionaries!! :) 
A highlight of my week probably had to be a couple of the children in our ward! The first was when we went to dinner at a part-members home last week. We were talking with the mom, who is a member and she has two young boys that were running around. To help them calm down, we put our name tags on the two boys. They calmed down and stood super tall, with their chests out, and their tags on. It was super cute! Then on Sunday one of the boys had gotten a suit for his birthday and says "Do I look like a missionary now?" It made Sis. Fisher and I smile, these two boys look up to missionaries so much! They get to see these examples and they want to be just like them! It's a neat feeling to see such young children looking up to you like that! Then while talking to another member in our ward, she told us a story of her 4 year old daughter, who's in a pre-school class. They were talking about Thanksgiving in her class and what they will be doing. Most of the kids said things like, we eat turkey and stuffing and my dad will drink a beer and then I get apple juice. Well it's this little girls turn and she says my family gets together for dinner and then the missionaries come over! The teacher was very impressed that a 4 year old knew the word missionaries and used it correctly. The mom was then able to share who the missionaries were and had an opportunity to share the gospel. I think it's awesome that this young girl was so excited to share her feelings on missionaries and I guess I just didn't realize the impact we have on young children! It makes me very aware of my actions and what kind of example I am setting for those that see me. Hopefully it's a good example! 
For this Thanksgiving, we will get to go to a few members homes and some less-actives. I'm thinking I will need to wear a stretchy skirt on Thursday! I'm very excited about one of the less-actives, we had a challenge to finish the Book of Mormon before Thanksgiving. She had never read it before and is learning so much as she reads! I'm excited to see if she has finished and to see how her testimony has grown! I Love the Book of Mormon! I only have about 8 pages left, so I will definitely finish before Thanksgiving :) But I have felt the spirit very strongly as I have read this book! I know that it is true and I know when we read with a sincere prayer in our heart, searching for answers, we will feel the peace that the book brings! I am so grateful for this time to look at what I am blessed with! I am so grateful for being raised with Christ in my life! I am grateful for my Savior and his Atonement! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon! I am grateful for the Prophet Joseph Smith and the early saints! I am grateful for temples where we can perform sacred ordinances and feel peace! I am grateful for Heavenly Father's plan for us! I am grateful to be on a mission and the opportunities I have to share my testimony! I am grateful for all of you and the family I was blessed with! Remember to give thanks in everything!! D&C 98:1
Love you all so much!! Have a great week!  
Love, Sister Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment