Thursday, January 1, 2015

Be Patient In Afflictions (Aug. 4, 2014)

Dear Family!

Your week sounds SPECTACULAR!! My companion loves Wicked and tells me I have to see it some day. What a cool story! I'm glad you're all having fun! And you sure are a good lookin bunch :)

My week has been a little on the sick side... My companion got sick on Tuesday and we stayed in for most of the day, then on Wednesday she was even more sick, so I tried to set up some splits with ward members so I could still go out and work. So we went and picked up a sister, went and dropped off my sick companion, drove to our investigator taught a great lesson, drove back to pick up my sick companion, dropped off the member, drove to pick up another member, went and dropped off my companion, drove to our next investigator and taught super short lesson (We didn't realize how much time this would all take), drove through rush hour traffic to pick up my companion and finally dropped off the member. So after all of this our day was pretty much gone... But at least I got to teach people instead of being in all day! :) I LOVE to Work!!

Thursday my companion was still sick, but we had our Mission Leadership Council Meeting at the MIssion Home. It was an AWESOME meeting! We talked a lot about how to increase our expectations in finding, teaching, and baptizing! As missionaries we should be spending all of our time doing these three things, and it only takes a couple minutes to baptize, so we're mostly finding and teaching! :) So we talked about how to work on these areas. I think for finding our high councilman over missionary work said it best. "We just need to become finders." This is not just missionaries but all members. No matter where we are or what we are doing We need to open our mouths! This morning I read D&C 24:12. "And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men." God gives us the strength we need, we just have to act! We have to have faith and act and everything falls into place. I love that!

Friday she was feeling a little better so we got to go out and work and teach a couple people. But then when we had dinner I wasn't feeling too well (just like a cold), so I wanted to take some medicine. All I had was nyquil though so I took it.... I don't know if that was good though... I took a short nap and then when I woke up I was so out of it. We walked outside and helped this man with his groceries and started talking to him and I couldn't even see this man by the end, I swear I was going to pass out. But I didn't :) haha I sat down for a second and then I was fine.... I don't know if that is what it feels like to be all on drugs or alcohol but I didn't particularly enjoy that feeling, so I think I'll stick to the Word of Wisdom. :)

Saturday we went on an exchange in Chelsea. This area is a pretty tough area to serve in. Lots and Lots of work and not too many interested people. The sisters told us they had been persecuted a lot, but I definitely got to see that for myself. We were tracting down a street and on our way back there was a lady who had been waiting for us, she chewed us out and just yelled at us for being on her street. She told us to leave right now and never come back or she'll call the cops. Well I think I was feeling a little too prideful and told the sister I was with that we should just keep going, that we have the right to be here. So we walked right past our car and kept going, when we looked behind us she had walked to our car and was all up on our car..... We didn't really know what to do so we called our assistant.. Fortunately she had left the car and we were able to get in without confrontation and leave...These sisters get stuff like this EVERY day and usually worse. I know they will be blessed for the work they are giving especially through their persecution!

"Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo,I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days." D&C 24:8

I Love you all!! Have A FANTASTIC week :)

Love, Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment