Friday, January 2, 2015

Elder Cardon (Sept 29, 2014)

Hey there family!

So I'm sure you've all been waiting to hear who my new companion is..... Sister Kesler! She's from Bluffdale Utah :) Crazy huh! She graduated a year before me. We know a couple of the same people. She is 4'6, so I am experiencing what is like to be tall :) She's pretty spunky and pretty easy to love! Her birthday was on Saturday and she turned 22!! (So I used some money from my card to buy her pizza and ice-cream..) Training again will be a good experience for me, It's always good to go back to the basics!!!

Elder Cardon was Awesome! I told his wife that I knew her son and daughter-in-law, and she enjoyed talking about her grandkids :) Did you know they live in Utah now? I actually got a personal interview by Elder Cardon which I thought was pretty cool! He talked to me about a lot of great things that I needed to hear! At the end he asked me if I had any questions for him. I asked what he thought was the most important thing to learn on the mission. Since then I've been thinking about what questions I would REALLY want to ask a general authority. I'm going to start making a list of some questions, so if I ever get that chance again, I'll be prepared! What question would you ask?! :)

I did watch the women's Conference and it was AWESOME!! I especially loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talk!!! GOD REALLY DOES LOVE US!! I also loved the example of the Umbrella. God is showering blessings down upon us. When we have fear, doubt, or sin we are holding up an umbrella. No one keeps us from the blessings we can receive except ourselves! All we have to do is be obedient to the commandments! :) I'm so excited for the rest of conference!!! We aren't sure where we'll be watching it yet, probably just at the church.

Love you Much!

Sister Samantha Tracy :)

Here's a link to the woman's meeting in case you missed it. 

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2014/10?lang=eng&vid=3810237340001 

No comments:

Post a Comment